Student Announcement for January 17, 2017http://caruso.dps109.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/01/IMG_0801-1024x768.jpg 1024 768 Betsy Jackson Betsy Jackson http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/376e8db420cc70802b83f52d44e2f05c?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Week of January 17, 2017
Happy Habit from Project Happiness – self awareness “It’s up to you to create a life that feels good on the inside, not just one that looks good on the outside.”
Please note that coats are not allowed in the classroom unless your teacher has given you special permission due to an unusually cold classroom that day.
Young Authors: Our optional meeting has been moved to Thursday of this week. The meeting for tomorrow has been canceled. Please see Mrs. Cohen if you have any questions!
8th grade boys’ volleyball try-outs are scheduled for Monday, January 30th @ 3:15 – 4:30 PM and Tuesday, January 31st @ 3:15 – 4:30 PM. You must attend both sessions.
Before Tryouts: All students interested in participating in any interscholastic athletic activity must have the following forms on file with the school nurse BEFORE January 30, 2017.
- Athletic physical form is the IESA “Pre-participation Examination” Form.
- A signed Interscholastic Parent Permission and Concussion Information Form.
FORMS ARE FOUND @ CARUSO’S WEBSITE, UNDER “SPORTS
Thursday – after school Friday – after school
Deerfield Science Club
COME JOIN THE DEERFIELD SCIENCE CLUB!!!
- WHO CAN JOIN?The Deerfield Science Club welcomes all students (6th – 8th grade) from Caruso MS and Shepard MS.
- WHEN DOES THE CLUB MEET? The Deerfield Science Club meets during the second semester, each Friday at 3:30 PM in room C-4 at Caruso Middle School. A detailed schedule will be made available at our first meeting, February 3, 2017.
- WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE DEERFIELD SCIENCE CLUB? The Deerfield Science Club’s objective is to foster an awareness of material science and nanoscience concepts, encourage critical thinking, and problem solving. The club will be using Material Worlds Modules designed by Northwestern University.
- QUESTIONS: Please contact Dr. Revelins (8th grade science teacher @ Caruso Middle School) @ email@example.com